The Leasing Manager trains and oversees the onsite leasing functions and directs the sales efforts of an apartment community. The Leasing Manager is responsible for providing exceptional service to community residents, future residents, vendors, and the corporate management team. The Leasing Manager also takes an active role in the external marketing and advertising of vacancies.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Complete lease/renewal paperwork to ensure completion to company standards
- Explain lease information to residents
- Ensure all traffic is entered into the system to track leasing activities
- Walk apartment units prior to showing and occupancy by resident
- Review leasing paperwork, and audit lease files
- Submit daily, weekly and monthly leasing reports as required
- Track and evaluate advertising, and all client traffic. Ensure online advertising is reviewed and updated daily
- Responsible for training and developing leasing personnel in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Prepare marketing plans, leasing strategies, and advertising proposal with assistance of the Property Manager
- Maintain professional communication with residents, applicants, and other representatives
- Report all property issues, leasing objections, and potential liabilities along with recommendations for solving such issues to Property Manager
- Determine leasing opportunities of leasing staff and work on goal setting; improving the performance of each staff member
- Analyzing shop program results, distributes completed evaluations and reviews areas of concern. Develops an action plan with the team member for areas of concern
- Develop, implement and monitor property contests/awards/leasing incentives
- Prepare and maintain complete resident and general office files; keeping proper documentation at all times
- Maintain Renter's Insurance compliance per company policies and procedures
- Monitor Month-to-Month leases, complete audit and ensure MTM lease compliance
- Shop competition to keep abreast of local market conditions
- Track work order activity including monitoring completion each day and follow up warm calls
- Implement and maintain lease expiration matrix in accordance with established policies
- Monitor compliance with revenue management system and participate in weekly calls (if applicable)
- Assist in the coordination of monthly resident events
- Additional duties as assigned by supervisor
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Effective communication and customer service skills
- Basic computer skills in a Windows environment
- Ability to interact with others in a team environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- High school diploma or equivalent required, Bachelor's degree preferred
- Prior sales experience preferred
- Prior leasing experience preferred
Direct the leasing activities of the leasing staff
(The physical demands characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions).
This is a management position and is considered light in physical demand. Requirements include the ability to frequently sit, stand, walk, extend arms and hands forward and overhead, finger and grasp. Must be able to occasionally bend, crouch or stoop. Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds. Must have record of good vision.
(The working conditions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions).
Work is completed both in and out of doors. The indoor work environment is with temperature control and natural and artificial light. The outdoor work environment includes all weather conditions and materials used in maintenance work. Regular exposure to paint fumes, solvents, adhesives, carpet fumes, chemical fumes, toner products for printer and copier, pool chemicals, and others.
Minimum travel to Regional offices for meetings and training sessions or to facilitate market research activities.