The Maintenance Supervisor provides maintenance support and is accountable for delivering on our commitments to our residents. This includes quality move-in, resident satisfaction, quality and timely service and personal attention to our residents. The Maintenance Supervisor responds to our resident's service request and is instrumental in helping Rhapsody delivery superior customer service to our residents.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Prepares all market-ready apartments, which may include painting, carpet cleaning/repair, general repairs, and housekeeping to ensure a quality product to our residents
- Completes resident service request in a timely manner
- Has knowledge of various maintenance functions including and not limited to plumbing, pool maintenance, air conditioning, heating, general carpentry skills, appliance, electrical, painting, caulking, snow removal, scheduling, and life safety issues
- Maintains grounds, pools/hot tubs, common areas, and dog parks to keep them clean, free of trash, debris, and other safety issues
- Performs on-call emergency procedures as required
- Reports any maintenance issues that affect the budget such as life safety, vacant repairs, property damages, and common-area needs to the manager
- Schedules and performs preventative maintenance, and records such activities
- Is knowledgeable of provincial, local, and federal housing laws, codes, policies, and systems regarding maintenance
- Attends and participates in training programs as required by Rhapsody and local city and provincial jurisdictions
- Provide superior customer service and represents the company in a professional manner at all times. Consistently maintains a professional, courteous attitude when dealing with residents, coworkers, and the general public
- Performs duties as assigned in a timely manner
- Dresses per Rhapsody appearance standards
- Maintains and safeguards all company tools and equipment
- Perform any other related duties as required or assigned
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of safe use of cleaning agents and equipment used to perform job duties
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to prepare and interpret bar graphs
- Must be able to work any shift Sunday-Saturday to support the company's business needs
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- 3 years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Previous experience in construction, HVAC & plumbing preferred
Supervises 1-5 non-supervisory employee(s). Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organizations policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include: interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
(The physical demands characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions).
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time, moderate standing, reaching, walking, stooping, and lifting, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, talk or hear
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and peripheral vision
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 100 pounds
(The working conditions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions).
While performing the functions of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts, work in high, precarious places, outdoor weather conditions; frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles; and occasionally exposed to toxic, or caustic chemicals, extreme heat, risk of electrical shock, vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- It is recommended that the Maintenance Supervisor have previous experience with the following tools:
- Assorted screwdrivers, Phillips and flat, small and large
- Pliers 6"-8"
- Adjustable wrench
- Assorted Nut Drivers
- Socket Sets
- Allen wrenches
- Electric Multi-Meter
- Manifold gauge set
- Claw Hammer
- Cordless drill
- Saw-hacksaw and wood saw
- Needle nose pliers
- Wire cutters
- Wire strippers/crimpers
- Flash light
- 6" and 24" levels
- Tape measure
- Wood chisel
- Keyhole saw
- Razor knife
Minimum travel to Regional offices for meetings and training sessions.
Click APPLY TODAY below to submit your resume and let us know you are interested in joining our exceptional team.
Be sure to select "Toronto, ON: Maintenance Supervisor - Litho" from the Job Posting drop-down menu on the Employment Application form.