The Assistant Property Manager is a business leader who focuses on resident customer service and assists in managing the operations, leasing activity, renewals, collections, financial reporting, supplies, and communications of the apartment community.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Address the concerns of current and prospective residents in a friendly and professional manner
- Helps set the standard on how other staff member engage prospective and current residents
- Tours and leases apartments as necessary
- Helps with training staff as necessary and models effective sales techniques on a daily basis
- Leads rent collection efforts, specifically with delinquent residents. This may involve lease termination and legal action if necessary
- Assist in managing the property's budget by making sound fiscal decisions to increase the net operating income of the community
- Create and distribute monthly resident news letter
- Coordinate monthly events for residents
- Help maintain the accuracy of resident ledgers and files
- Inspects apartments during move-in and move-outs, walking apartments and the community as needed
- Fills the role of acting Property Manager in their absence
- Perform any other related duties as required or assigned
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Effective communication and customer service skills
- Computer literate, including Microsoft Office Suite
- Internet navigation skills are required
- General office, bookkeeping and sales skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- High school diploma or equivalent required, Bachelor's degree preferred
- 1 to 2 years' experience in a supervisory role and managing staff preferred
- Previous Property Management experience preferred
- Proficient in Yardi property management software or other similar property management software preferred
(The physical demands characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions).
This is a management position and is considered light in physical demand. Requirements include the ability to frequently sit, stand, walk, extend arms and hands forward and overhead, finger and grasp. Must be able to occasionally bend, crouch or stoop. Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds. Must have record of good vision.
(The working conditions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions).
Work is completed both in and out of doors. The indoor work environment is with temperature control and natural and artificial light. The outdoor work environment includes all weather conditions and materials used in maintenance work. Regular exposure to paint fumes, solvents, adhesives, carpet fumes, chemical fumes, toner products for printer and copier, pool chemicals, and others.
Occasional travel to Regional offices for meetings may be required.