As a Leasing Consultant, you manage your own success by attaining leasing goals, such as occupancy and rent growth, and by building rapport with prospects and residents.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Generate interest in the community by touring the property with prospects and answering questions about the amenities, local community and other property details
- Drive the lease closing process by highlighting the quality of the community and the amenities available at the property
- Assist prospects in qualifying for an apartment home by collecting appropriate information and initiating background checks
- Ensuring all fees, deposits or are collected by prospects and/or residents in a timely manner
- Executive all marketing activities to drive traffic to the property and create a lasting first impression
- Track all leads via the guest card system and follow up with all prospects
- Maintain knowledge about local market conditions; responsible for shopping local competition
- Deliver unmatched service to residents to exceed their expectations, while maintaining resident retention
- Use attention to detail, planning and organizing skills to perform required office activities and coordinate paperwork related to apartment home rentals
- Ensure all aspects of the move-in process are completed in advance of lease signing. Activities may include resident screening, pre-tour unit, income verification, file maintenance, compliance screening, etc.
- Ensure proper maintenance of all resident files
- Assist in the coordination of monthly resident events
- Maintain a professional appearance and attitude at all times
- Escalate any unusual property/resident concerns to their Property Manager in a timely manner
- Additional duties as assigned
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Effective communication and customer service skills
- Basic computer skills in a Windows environment
- Ability to interact with others in a team environment
- High school diploma or equivalent required, Bachelor's degree preferred
(The physical demands characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions).
This is an office position and is considered light in physical demand. Requirements include the ability to frequently sit, stand, walk, extend arms and hands forward and overhead, finger and grasp. Must be able to occasionally bend, crouch or stoop. Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds. Must have record of good vision.
(The working conditions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions).
Work is completed both in and out of doors. The indoor work environment is with temperature control and natural and artificial light. The outdoor work environment includes all weather conditions and materials used in maintenance work. Regular exposure to paint fumes, solvents, adhesives, carpet fumes, chemical fumes, toner products for printer and copier, pool chemicals, and others.
Minimum travel to Regional offices for meetings and training sessions or to facilitate market research activities.