As a Property Manager at Rhapsody, you'll put your outstanding leadership and savvy business skills to work at one of the most respected apartment companies in a management opportunity that offers real leadership, innovation and support.
Our Property Managers are the cornerstone of our team. They are responsible for keeping our communities in the top-notch condition our residents have come to expect, building motivated and trustworthy teams who consistently deliver a notably higher level of service and maximizing the operating performance of our community. Be ready to be busy!
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Operations. Ensuring the smooth running of our community in a fast-paced environment. Overseeing all operations including maintenance, capital improvements, lease administration, budgeting, forecasting, reporting, collections, evictions, vacancy anticipation, marketing, lease renewals, service contracts, expense control, audits, etc.
- Customer service. Providing superior customer service and communication to our residents and prospects to enhance customer satisfaction and increase renewals, revenue, reputation and profitability
- People development. Developing, mentoring, leading, and managing a high-performing, cohesive team, including leasing, customer service, maintenance and management personnel, in order to maximize their engagement and minimize turnover
- Marketing. Driving revenues with your thorough understanding and analysis of competition and development of creative marketing programs
- Leading by example. Instilling, maintaining and modeling the Rhapsody mission to be the best national management company
- Supervise day-to-day operations of entire on-site team, ensuring that all Rhapsody policies and procedures are being followed
- Maintain effective on-site staff through interviewing, hiring, and terminating as necessary
- Maintain a positive living environment for community resident through prompt conflict resolution and consistent follow-up
- Manage and maintain all aspects of overall community budget and finances
- Work with leasing staff to ensure that leasing/marketing goals are being met
- Maintain positive relations with all community vendors
- Coordinate special project as requested by Regional Property Manager
- Perform any other related duties as required or assigned
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Effective communication and customer service skills
- Computer literate, including Microsoft Office Suite
- General office, bookkeeping and sales skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- High school diploma or equivalent required, Bachelor's degree preferred
- 3+ years of on-site property management experience
- Experience in supervisory role and managing staff
- Financials experience/experience writing and maintaining budgets
- Proficient in Yardi property management software or other similar property management software
Provides general oversight to on-site team as indirect reports.
(The physical demands characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions).
This is a management position and is considered light in physical demand. Requirements include the ability to frequently sit, stand, walk, extend arms and hands forward and overhead, finger and grasp. Must be able to occasionally bend, crouch or stoop. Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds. Must have record of good vision.
(The working conditions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions).
Work is completed both in and out of doors. The indoor work environment is with temperature control and natural and artificial light. The outdoor work environment includes all weather conditions and materials used in maintenance work. Regular exposure to paint fumes, solvents, adhesives, carpet fumes, chemical fumes, toner products for printer and copier, pool chemicals, and others.
Occasional travel to Regional offices for meetings may be required.