The primary function of this position is to perform and facilitate live and virtual training for Rhapsody team members, primarily focusing in the areas of Soft Skill Operational Training, Sales Systems Training, and job specific requirements for all team members working at Rhapsody properties. This position will also provide support in the areas of Property Marketing, and New Hire Onboarding. The Training Specialist will assist in the development of national curriculum, operational policies and the implementation of various company initiatives.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develop training curriculum with National Director, Marketing and Training and various business disciplines of the company.
- Administer the national Mystery Shopping Program.
- Ensure instructor-led and on-demand curriculum and all associated assessments and resources are maintained with accurate information and reflect current industry trends and products.
- Coordinate the development of eLearning, video and additional educational resources with training teams and various business disciplines of the company.
- Assist in the process of transitioning assets by working with Regional Property Managers and site teams at new property acquisitions to prepare office, ensure appropriate training for new team members and provide additional support as requested.
- Develop assessment tools with National Director, Marketing and Training to measure retention and impact of training.
- Report on critical needs and performance trends to members.
- Support new team members and hiring managers during the initial onboarding and transitions process.
- Ensure new and existing team members meet initial and annual training requirements by required deadlines and provide regular course completion reports.
- Provide additional reporting on key performance indicators for all team members in the assigned region including shop evaluations, survey and follow-up tool statistics, etc.
- Monitor or track project milestones and provide deliverables by specified deadlines.
- Schedule and facilitate meetings and training sessions related to initiatives and maintain a regular travel and course schedule within budget parameters provided.
- Assess current or future customer needs and priorities through communicating directly with clients, conducting surveys, or other methods.
- Confer with regional leadership and team members to identify and resolve problems.
- Submit project deliverables, ensuring adherence to quality standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Able to communicate effectively both verbally and in written communications
- Strong analytical & problem-solving skills
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills; ability to relate to others
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to juggle a variety of tasks and to work and make decisions under stress
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated experience in technical writing
- Strong working knowledge of Yardi Voyager software
- Hands on experience with software training
- Hands on experience with soft skill operational training
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Proven ability to motivate a group or individuals to achieve excellence
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Strong customer satisfaction skills, team player and high accountability level
- Bachelor's degree preferred, must have High School Diploma
- Required minimum of five (5) years job-related experience
- Property Management experience required.
- Must have experience coaching, training and supervising a team
- Experience using Asana is an asset
The job is considered light in physical demand. Verbal and auditory ability required in order to communicate in person and by telephone. Must be able to sit and / or stand up to eight hours per day. Must have close and distance vision and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to finger and grasp. Physical activities include computer keyboard operation, and frequent verbalization of ideas. Work requires high attention and mental demands including the ability to prioritize and process information with accuracy and clarity. Must be able to travel independently.
General office environment. This position also requires travel within the communities included in the Rhapsody portfolio.
Travel is required within Canada and United States.