Updated March 27, 2020
As the circumstances around novel coronavirus (COVID-19) evolve, the safety and comfort of our communities and team members continues to be our highest priority.
We will continue to update this page with the latest information regarding initiatives we have put into place to safeguard the health and well-being of our communities.
CLEANING AND SANITIZATION
In addition to our regular cleaning schedules, we have implemented the following arrangements for increased sanitization across our entire portfolio:
- Cleaning hours of all common areas have been extended to 11 pm
- Door handles in common areas are sanitized twice a day
- Staircase handrails are sanitized twice a day
- Garbage chute handles are sanitized twice a day
- Elevator buttons are sanitized four times a day
In addition to increased cleaning standards, we have implemented the following temporary operational changes across our portfolio:
- Rhapsody-organized resident events that involve large gatherings have been postponed until further notice, and residents have been urged to cancel their own parties, gatherings and meetings.
- Amenity spaces (gyms, party rooms, etc.) are closed until further notice to discourage gatherings.
- Community staff will continue to work onsite on a rotating basis to provide ongoing service at our properties, and staff has been advised to stay at home if they are feeling ill, have come into contact with someone who is ill, or have travelled recently. This will potentially result in limited office hours, but our team members will continue to be available by phone, email or app/resident portal during regular service hours. We will do our best to communicate any changes in-office hours.
- Non-emergency maintenance requests will be rescheduled until further notice. We ask that residents continue to submit maintenance requests, as usual, so we can effectively prioritize requests once we resume regular service. All residents experiencing a qualified maintenance emergency will be asked to take steps in advance of our team members entering their home, which will include opening windows, sanitizing the proposed workspace and maintaining 2 metres/6 feet of appropriate social distancing prior to a maintenance team member entering the home. (Note: A maintenance emergency is classified as one of the following cases: No heat, broken window, door, latches or locks. frozen pipes, water leak or flood, no electricity, gas smell, refrigerator inoperable, toilet inoperable, no hot water, fire, animal in the apartment, carbon monoxide detectors, mould and mildew, missing railings and/or gates, loose balcony, stairway handrail, etc.)
- Concierge/Security will still be at the property and will maintain consistent coverage, but their duties have been modified to significantly limit face to face contact with residents and visitors:
- All parcel deliveries that do not fit into the parcel management system, food deliveries and grocery deliveries will be stopped at the lobby. Couriers will not be permitted into the building. Residents will be required to pick them up from a designated area in the lobby.
- For residents who are self-isolating, arrangements can be made to have deliveries left outside their suite door. In this case, please advise property management well in advance of your requirements.
- It is the resident's responsibility to claim their deliveries quickly or set up a time with a team member to claim their delivery. Unfortunately, the property cannot be liable for missing or stolen parcels.
- We ask that residents please limit congregating in the lobby and, unless absolutely necessary, please call or e-mail the desk for information rather than visit in person.
Until further notice, all Rhapsody properties are waiving fees on credit card payments through our resident portal. If you find yourself in a situation where you will be unable to pay rent, please contact one of our team members as soon as possible. They can discuss options for flexible payment programs and point you in the direction of resources and programs that have been put into place to support all Canadian residents who are enduring financial hardship at this time.
|Alberta Resources||Ontario Resources||Québec Resources|
|Financial Assistance||Financial Assistance|
Until further notice, Rhapsody will not be issuing renewal notices. After your lease expires, your tenancy will automatically roll over to a month-to-month term, and your rent and payment date will remain the same. As the situation stabilizes, we will revisit our renewal offers and look forward to discussing your options to renew with you later in the year.
We have implemented Virtual Touring across our portfolio to allow prospective residents to tour our properties from the comfort of their current homes, as they practice social distancing.To schedule a Virtual Tour at one of our properties, please find the community you are interested in under "Find An Apartment" and click "View Property Website" at the bottom of the page. Here, you can schedule a tour directly with a team member who would be happy to assist you.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us at email@example.com
OTHER COVID-19 RESOURCES