Updated July 6, 2020
Like many other businesses across Canada, Rhapsody has begun the slow and deliberate process of transitioning back to "normal" service levels. As stay-at-home orders continue to be alleviated by local governments, we are excited to announce that our communities will initiate reopening in phases under the recommended safety guidelines of the public health authorities and in accordance with local governmental orders.
We will provide updates on how we intend to slowly transition back to regular levels of service, as well as our re-opening plans for community amenity spaces. We want to set the expectation that we may not be able to fully reopen immediately when stay-at-home orders are lifted because of the work we need to do to ensure your safety and that of our team members. Our goal is to be ready for a new normal as soon as possible.
As spaces begin to open we strongly encourage all residents and visitors to continue proper social distancing practices and recommend the use of masks and proper handwashing to complement our increased sanitization protocols that are in place.
As the circumstances around COVID-19 continue to evolve, the safety and comfort of our communities and team members remain to be our highest priority. We will continue to update this page with the latest information regarding initiatives we have put into place to safeguard the health and well-being of our communities.
CLEANING AND SANITIZATION
In addition to our regular cleaning schedules, we have implemented the following arrangements for increased sanitization across our entire portfolio:
- Cleaning hours of all common areas have been extended to 11 pm
- Door handles in common areas are sanitized twice a day
- Staircase handrails are sanitized twice a day
- Garbage chute handles are sanitized twice a day
- Elevator buttons are sanitized four times a day
In addition to increased cleaning standards, we have implemented the following temporary operational changes across our portfolio:
- Rhapsody-organized resident events that involve large gatherings have been postponed until further notice, and residents have been urged to cancel their own parties, gatherings and meetings. As provincial guidelines are alleviated in regards to group sizes we will revisit resuming scheduled events.
- Our approach to reopening amenity spaces (fitness centres, party rooms, business centres etc.) is to align re-opening to comparable services in the community. For example, when public gyms reopen, we will plan to open the fitness centre at the community. When spaces reopen, expect reduced capacity limits for certain spaces to allow proper physical distancing – capacity for spaces will be clearly outlined on signage. We look forward to providing you further updates as we continue to re-open these spaces based on phases.
- Community staff will continue to work onsite on a rotating basis to provide ongoing service at our properties, and staff has been advised to stay at home if they are feeling ill, have come into contact with someone who is ill, or have travelled recently. This will potentially result in limited office hours, but our team members will continue to be available by phone, email or app/resident portal during regular service hours. We will do our best to communicate any changes in-office hours.
- When using shared equipment such as pet spa equipment or touching parcel locker touchscreens please use caution and always wash your hands for at least 20 seconds before and after using
- We have resumed all non-emergency maintenance requests for communities that have entered phase 2 of our reopening plan. Once a maintenance request is submitted, a COVID screening questionnaire will be sent to your email and must be acknowledged before the maintenance request is processed in our system. Prior to a maintenance request being conducted, we ask all residents to prepare for a maintenance team member to enter your home by wearing a mask, maintain proper social distancing and open windows if possible.
- Concierge/Security are still at the property and are maintaining consistent coverage, but their duties have been modified to significantly limit face to face contact with residents and visitors
- All parcel deliveries that do not fit into the parcel management system, food deliveries and grocery deliveries will be stopped at the lobby. Couriers will not be permitted into the building. Residents will be required to pick them up from a designated area in the lobby.
- For residents who are self-isolating, arrangements can be made to have deliveries left outside their suite door. In this case, please advise property management well in advance of your requirements.
- It is the resident's responsibility to claim their deliveries quickly or set up a time with a team
member to claim their delivery. Unfortunately, the property cannot be liable for missing or stolen parcels.
- We ask that residents please limit congregating in the lobby and, unless absolutely necessary, please call or e-mail the desk for information rather than visit in person.
Until September 1, 2020, all Rhapsody properties are waiving fees on credit card payments through our resident portal. If you find yourself in a situation where you will be unable to pay rent, please contact one of our team members as soon as possible. They can discuss options for flexible payment programs and point you in the direction of resources and programs that have been put into place to support all Canadian residents who are enduring financial hardship at this time.
|Alberta Resources||Ontario Resources||Québec Resources|
Until further notice, Rhapsody will not be issuing renewal notices. After your lease expires, your tenancy will automatically roll over to a month-to-month term, and your rent and payment date will remain the same. As the situation stabilizes, we will revisit our renewal offers and look forward to discussing your options to renew with you later in the year.
When it is safe to do so, we will slowly resume conducting onsite tours by appointment only, with a few tweaks to our normal tour procedures. For your safety and ours, we ask for your participation in the following preventive measures outlined in the infographic below during your upcoming visit.
Note: Measures in place may vary from property to property based on guidelines set by the local government. Please contact us for more details
We will continue to offer virtual tours across our portfolio to allow prospective residents to tour our properties from the comfort of their current homes.
To schedule a Tour at one of our properties, please find the community you are interested in under "Find An Apartment" and click "View Property Website" at the bottom of the page. Here, you can schedule a tour directly with a team member who would be happy to assist you.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
OTHER COVID-19 RESOURCES